Re: dakota-truck.net

From: Jack Snodgrass (dakota@cybermail.net)
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 03:47:30 EST

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998 23:30:57 -0500, Chris Lang wrote:

>I'd be willing to donate some money to get this thing going but i would have
>to agree with mike somthing like www.dodgedakota.com would be much better
>than www.dakota-truck.net it would be alot easier to find along with easier
>to remember it would generate more traffic with a better name such as that.
>I would also be willing to do some of the design work for the webpage if
>needed. Tell me what's up
>
>Chris Lang

That's ONE thing I have to say for Communism. They never had to worry
about making choices. They always had a choice of 1. ;)

I like dakta-truck.net. dodgedakota.com sounds good too. I think
that dodgedakota.com sounds too commercial. i.e. The 'New Dodge Corp'
might take it away some day.... or some ford weenie might get ticked
at loosing to a DAK in a race and rant at dodgedakota.com thinking
that it was the 'New Dodge Corp'. dakota-truck.net leaves nothing
to the imagination.

As long as we're talking about something different than dakota-truck.net,
how about dak.net or dak.org. That's short and to the point. Some people
might not associate dak with a Dodge Dakota truck... but that is what
we refer to our trucks as quite a bit.

This brings up a pet peeve of mine.... dak.com is already taken.
They aren't using it for anything... they'll sell or lease us
the name. The owner has several domains that they bought because
they thought someone might want to use it and they thought of
it first. If we keep talking about dakota-truck.net or dodgedakota.com
and someone finds out about it, they may buy BOTH of them FIRST and
we'd have to come up with something else. This is not something we
can be slow about.

Anyway... I like ( in order )
     dakota-truck.net
     dak.net
     dakota-truck.org
     dak.org
     dodgedakota.net
     dodgedakota.org
     dodgedakota.com

Unless someone has something else - that I like ;) - lets see if we can
get a consensus and pick one of these names. remember... if we start
using this for any email... people may have to do some typing.
i.e. jack@dak.net -vs- jack@dodgedakota.com.

Jack - jack@cybermail.net - jack@dak.net? - jack@dakota-truck.net?