Re: dakota-truck.net

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 04:41:28 EST

At 02:47 AM 3/4/98 -0600, Jack Snodgrass wrote:

>As long as we're talking about something different than dakota-truck.net,
>how about dak.net or dak.org. That's short and to the point. Some people
>might not associate dak with a Dodge Dakota truck... but that is what
>we refer to our trucks as quite a bit.

  Hmmm... Good one. :-)

>This brings up a pet peeve of mine.... dak.com is already taken.
>They aren't using it for anything... they'll sell or lease us
>the name. The owner has several domains that they bought because
>they thought someone might want to use it and they thought of
>it first. If we keep talking about dakota-truck.net or dodgedakota.com
>and someone finds out about it, they may buy BOTH of them FIRST and
>we'd have to come up with something else. This is not something we
>can be slow about.

   I hate that too. :-P Bloodthirsty vultures. Some people will
stoop to any level to make a buck. The Internet was just great,
then these jerks move in like they own the place; if it were up to
them, they would! Most of these dimwits probably learned about the
Internet from a 20/20 broadcast and went something like, "Duhhhh, let's
rape and pillage this thing for all its worth, or at least until it
collapses into total ruin!" These people are the absolute opposite of
everything that the Internet has ever stood for. Grrr..... (Sorry,
kind've of a sore spot for me, as if you couldn't tell.) :-)

>Anyway... I like ( in order )
> dakota-truck.net
> dak.net

  I like these two. I'm not sure which one I like better;
I think I prefer dak.net, but I'm too tired to be sure. :-)

>Unless someone has something else - that I like ;) - lets see if we can
>get a consensus and pick one of these names.

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.