Re: Details on the alarm system.

From: Steve (Slow@Primenet.com)
Date: Thu Mar 05 1998 - 06:06:47 EST

On Wed, 04 Mar 1998 07:35:08 -0500, you wrote:

>Can anyone give me details of the alarm system on the 98 Dakota? I have
>added an after market automatic starter. The problem is that sometimes =
it
>sets off the alarm! The instructions do mention this and say to find the
>wire for the shock sensor and connect it to the unit. Anybody have any
>idea where I find this wire???
>
>Thanks - Bryan.

I probably can Brian, are you talking about the "factory option" alarm
or the EVSII Mopar Alarm? I assume your have the EVSII as the factory
one doesn't have a shock sensor. I installed the EVSII in my Dak so
here it goes...

The shock sensor is a small black box with rounded corners. On one end
of it is a small white knob to adjust the sensitivity. On the face it
has a red LED to help set it. It has a groove around the body to
facilitate a ZIP Tie to fasten it to a surface. It also has a layer of
sticky tape on it to hold it in place while you put the zip tie on.
They recommend placing it on the ignition switch wiring harness, and
that is a good place. The sensor has a four way connector that goes
into the alarm brain, which you will also probably find tip tied under
the dash.

You will probably need to disassemble the steering column to get to it
all. Remove the knee blocker panel by pulling one screw and pop it
off, it has snap clips at the top. The lower pieces (2) have five T-20
Tor x screws holding them in.=20

        Steve
        Apache Junction, Arizona

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....

=20