Re: Honor Roll

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 06 1998 - 11:21:42 EST

> Hey guys! Take it easy on those of us who are proud of children on the
> Honor roll. It isn't easy for all. Some have to study, and that my
> friends is something to be proud of. I've put 5 children through
> college (all mine). Some had to study hard - some,as Bruce said, slept
> thru high school and made the Honor roll. Those that had to study in
> Middle and High school had a much easier time of it in college. They
> knew how to study. The ones that had it easy in Middle/High school
> struggled until they learned how to study. I contend that its OK to be
> proud of Honor students. I'm proud of all mine wheather they made the
> Honor Roll or not.
>
> Azie
> Ardmore, Al.

Speaking as one who slept through High school I must disagree, I haven't
really struggled since being in college, I've currently got a 3.0 in a
school with an average GPA of 1.6 (At most schools Dean's list is a 4.0,
at GA Tech it's a 3.0), we have the top 10% of the students in
the country and in some classes we have 80-90% failure rates, so I think
I'm doing pretty well....And yes you are correct, a parent has a right to
be proud of their kids and they should be supportive of them no matter
what, but those bumper stickers are so obnoxious, there's gotta be a
better way to show you're pride....

Bruce