Wet weather traction problem

From: Jack Snodgrass (jack@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Sat Mar 07 1998 - 07:05:37 EST

I have a heavy foot. I have to be REALLY, REALLY careful on
slick roads when I accelerate. Even if I'm doing 20 - 30 MPH,
when I 'stomp' on it, the right side of the truck starts to
push so the truck starts to go left. If I didn't let off
the gas and correct for the turn, I could easily do a
180 by JUST accelerating and never moving the steering
wheel. I've seen stock care race drivers and indy drivers
do some neat 180 turns... but I always assumed that they
turned the steering wheel at some point.

Besides my bad driving... is it the fact that I don't
have the limited slip differential that cause this to
happen.

Thanks,
     Jack Snodgrass
work: jack.snodgrass@tandem.com 972.516.6270 TandemJack