Re: stupid question

From: DelTech (info@deltech.net)
Date: Sun Mar 08 1998 - 04:00:34 EST

>The procedure to run the diagnostic check is very simple. Turn your
>ignition switch on (not to start, just to the on position) then
>off-on-off-on. There will be a delay of a few seconds while the test runs,
>then the results will be displayed. How they are displayed depends on the
>year model of the truck. On year model 96 and older the check engine light
>will flash. Count the flashes, one flash for 1, two flashes for 2 etc. Then
>there will be a short pause and the second digit will flash out. Then there
>will be a longer pause and the next number sequence will begin. This will
>continue thru all the codes that the test returned till you get to a 55
>(five flashes...short pause...five flashes) which signals the end of the
>test. If all you get is 55, that means no faults were found. The 97 models
>have a digital odometer and the codes are displayed on that (much easier
>that counting flashes). Has anyone gotten this to work on 98 models?

Hey, thanks... That helps alot... Now for another stupid question... I read
earlier that one could gain from 2 to 3 or 4 inches of front end lift by
tweeking the front end.. Does anyone have a procedure for this? All I want
is 2 inches and then I'll block the back.. Its a heck of alot cheeper than
replacing practicly the whole front end with a kit and there is no way that
I want to do a body lift....

Just 2 inches!!!!

God I hope my gf doesn't hear me say this!! EFG.