Electrical Banana

From: John Neff (jndneff@flash.net)
Date: Tue Mar 10 1998 - 19:40:49 EST

The battery in my wifes GrandAm did the same thing one night. We
drove over an hour for some really killer BBQ back when we were
still dating. When we came out afterwards, the car did nothing.
We got a jump from a guy and hauled butt since we were not sure
exactly what was going on. Once we got home and had some light,
we found that the battery had ruptured and spewed acid all over
the battery tray and fender. Some quick work with the baking soda
and lots of water kept it from doing anything worse than suface
rust though.

John
98 Dak 4X4 Sport,5.2L,Auto,T&H Package,Power Everything,Nerf
Bars,Billet Grill, Rhino Liner,DDBC

I have never seen a battery shit the bed all of a sudden like
that. Most
battery failures I've seen came on with some warning (slow
starts, etc.).

--
to reply, remove anti spam ^'s from my address