CODES

From: am14@chrysler.com
Date: Thu Mar 12 1998 - 10:49:33 EST

Gary writes: >>The factory service manual states that error codes are
retrieved from the data link connector. There's no mention of the
ignition key method for getting error codes.

Being the skeptical type, I tried the on-off-on, etc. method. Nothing.
Perhaps they're right...

Also, the codes given in the manual are in hex. The calculator in WIN95
has a built in hex to
dec converter for those of us who don't like letters in our numbers...

Is anyone aware of an undocumented method for getting error codes
without having to buy the data
link scan tool?<<

Unless CC has made a change I'm not aware of, the codes can still be
read through the computer on board. Try once again using this method:
cycle the ignition on/off three times in succession, leaving it in
on position - watch your "check engine" light - it should be on
within about 30 seconds it should begin to flash - count the # of
flashes - there will be a pause,
short pause is between #'s of the same set, long pause is between
different sets of #'s. When
you get 5 flashes - short pause - 5 more flashes(55), this signifies
the test is complete, and if
 thats the only set of flashes you get "no trouble found" is what it is
telling you.

Azie
Ardmore, al.