Re: Power wagon:was signiture file

From: Keredt (Keredt@AOL.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 16 1998 - 00:40:55 EST

<<
  The DODGE "POWER WAGON" was a real work-horse of the truck line. They made
 them for the Korean War and used quite successfully after the war for the
 civilians. They stopped making them in the early to mid 70's when they came
 out with the D-series models. These were used up until the RAM series came
 out. If you see a Power Wagon you'll know that you came across a piece of
 history and a piece of IRON that holds up to the rigors of time for
 trust-worthiness. They weren't built for looks but for dependibility, and I
 believe they only came as a 4-wheel drive when they first came out, but some
 of the later ones were gotten as 2-wheel models for the civilians---Man they
 rode ROUGH as a tank. >>
Actually they were made all the way up till 93! they changed from Power Wagon
to Power Ram! I owned a 74 Power Wagon, and it was tuff. Also they only came
in 4x4 models which were W series the 2wd's were D series. So a 74 3/4 ton
would be a W-200. 81 and up they changed to 150, 250, 350. So my buddies 92
Cummins TD 4x4 Power Ram is a W-350.

Keredt