Re: R/T Info

From: catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Thu Mar 19 1998 - 08:16:04 EST

> Interested R/T folks,
>
> I called my salesman/friend today at my local Dodge Dealership here in
> Metro Detroit.
> He stated that Chrysler has told his dealership that the '98 Dakota R/T
> will be produced in a very limited production run. There will be 1200
> R/T's produced by Chrysler for the 1998 model year. There will be one
> R/T available for every dealership in the US. Therefore only 1200 R/T's
> will be available to the public.
>
> NO orders will be taken for an R/T and there will be NO employee
> discount or any other discount on the price of the R/T. What Chrysler
> sets for the price is what it will sell for.
>
> I wonder why Chrysler has the pricing option for the Dakota R/T still
> available on the Dodge
> website?
>
> If anyone has anymore info please pass it along.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John L Rivait

John,
         I wrote Chrysler a letter after they canceled my R/T order.
Chrysler called me and they told me they will be making
2,000 R/Ts (1,700 club Cabs & 300 Regular cabs). Production will
start March 20th this Friday. Finished units will be shipped to
dealers based on previous Dakota sales. Since there are 2,400
Dodge dealers some dealers won't be getting any. Your best bet
is to go to the highest volume Dakota dealer in your area and put
a deposit down. I have already done this. Bad news is dealers
will probably $$queze you for every penny if this is true! I also
inquired about R/Ts being built in Sept (99 model year) but they
had no information as of 3/13/98. Again all this information was
 from Chryslers accuracy is suspect since they have told so
many different stories.

Catlin