180 deg. thermostat WAS:Re: tail light covers

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Fri Mar 20 1998 - 17:12:28 EST

dakota1994@juno.com wrote:
> oh yea and does anyone know if i can put a 180 thermostat on my v6???
> i've been reading about it and want to do it.....

I'm not sure about the v6, maybe someone else can help you. But i would
like to congratulate Jon on one HELL of a good write up on installing a
180 degree thermostat in the maintenance and upgrades section on the DML
page. If you guys haven't checked it out yet do so. It takes a while
to read through it (it's big) and he has a bunch of photos of the job.
After reading it you'll probably want to change your thermostat if you
haven't done so already. I changed mine months ago, but Jon went into
so much more detail than I could have imagined. Some of the things he
brought up like draining the engine block never crossed my mind. I see
now why I should have a FSM.....

--
----
  Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com