Re: Addco swaybar ordered

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Mon Mar 23 1998 - 09:02:27 EST

Michael Clark wrote:

> Another question for those who have an Addco front bar; what came with
> it? Looking at my Haynes manual they show the front end with a sway
> bar. The front two swaybar bushings attatch to two "L" shaped brackets
> which are bolted to the frame.

  Sounds fishy to me. My stock '95 bar has no special brackets, it simply
bolts to the frame and the ends point back towards the steering knuckle.

> Mine does not have these brackets, but
> the frame has the holes they bolt to, they are even threaded already.

  Maybe I don't understand what you're calling "brackets." All anti-sway
bar bushings fit into a metal case, which is then bolted to the part in
question.

> So my question is, will I need to go to the dealer and get these
> brackets, or does the Addco bar come with them. I'm thinking it does
> not include them, as most people should already have them.

  If you got the Addco kit specified for applications with no existing
front bar, the kit should have everything you need.

  Good luck,

  Ron