DML:steering whell centering

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sat Mar 21 1998 - 20:59:02 EST

Ok....So after having my Dak aligned and re-aligned about 6 million times
over the 5 years I have had her and NEVER being able to get the steering
wheel perfectly centered, I figured that I would pull the wheel and
re-center it by rotating to the next spline or two.....NOT!

Seems that the Dak has a KEYWAY and KEY in addition to the slines....WHich
means that you cant re-orientate the steering wheel....

So how can I get the wheel centered??

When I first bought the truck it was a year old and the wheel was straight.
Ever since that first alignment, it always seems to ride at about 10-15
degrees left of center.

I know it seems anal...but those thumb-notches on the wheel are mighty tough
to use in that position!

Anone have any advice???
"M ove O ver, P ickup A pproacing R apidly!"
1992 Dakota 4x4, Standard cab, short bed, 5.2 L V8, K&N, Power Puleys, MP
SBEC, Bushwhackers, tire/wheel package, Lund Moonvisor, Custom Cover
tonneau, Bundy rear bumper, chrome grillguard/pushbar

see http://www.usaor.net/users/zavetsky for pictures!

MOPAR or NOCAR!