Re: DML:steering whell centering

From: Keredt (Keredt@aol.com)
Date: Mon Mar 23 1998 - 00:23:31 EST

<<
 I'm an ASE certified "tech", I work for Saturn, and have a 97 4x4 sport. I
 just knocked my alignment out with a pot hole that would have swallowed a VW
 bug, however, even when I align cars and trucks, then road test them, the
 wheel is never perfectly straight, even though tthe computer said it was
 before I drove it off the rack. Moral of the story: Live with it, it could be
 due to a mismatched tire or road crown. Mine was straight for 15K, untill
 that damn pot hole. Hope it helps

I believe straight is in the eye of the beholder! Iff you notice on any older
body J-body GM the steering column comes up to the wheel at an angle from
roght to left. this means if you center the wheel by having the emblem in the
center of the horn button straight it is off center from the column. But if
you have it level with the column then its is crooked to the emplem!

Keredt

97 CC 2wd
SLT+ 5.2L auto
3.55 LSD DDBC T/H pkg.