Re: Gas milage

From: Tony Mastres (mastres@id.ucsb.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 25 1998 - 23:34:08 EST

>I am in the same boat you are Mark. I have a '98 3.9L and i only get between
>14and 16 MPG. This sucks. The only reason I got it is that it had better gas
>mileage than the V8 but now i am hearing they are almost equal with much more
>horsepower and torque. On highway only i can get 18 but not near the 21 that
>the sticker said when i bought it. I hope that if I put on a pipe and a FIPK
>it might help out a bit. But I might just trade it in and get a V8 CC 4X4
>now.

OK well this thread was very big many months ago and there was quite a bit
of discussion about mileage. When all the dust settled it was pretty clear
that those with the V-8s got about 2-3 mpg less than those with the V-6s.
and those with the 4 got 3-4 mpg better than than those with v-6. There are
so many factors that influence this including 4wd, more weight from
extended cabs, truck modifications, truck caps/tonneaus, lead foot drivers
etc.. that its hard to go by one or two peoples testimony. If you save
enough of the responses I think the aggregate will bear these numbers out.

Tony J. Mastres
Photographer
Photographic Services __
1120 Kerr HAll UCSB []_.-' (Q,___\