Re: Re: '98 Dakota 5.2L with a ticking noise

From: Keredt (Keredt@AOL.COM)
Date: Sat Mar 28 1998 - 19:58:13 EST

<<
 I would suspect the ticking you are hearing is the fuel injectors. Do you
 have a hood pad? I would not change your oil until at least 1000 + miles
 and would consider letting it go to 1500. These new Dodge engines are a lot
 tighter than the Ferd & Cheby ones and need a little longer to break-in.
 Then you can convert to the type of oil that you want to use. >>

According to the owners manual ( yes I actuall read it all ) there is no
break in period for the Dakota.

Keredt

97 CC 2wd
SLT+ 5.2L auto