Dak serious music systems -Reply

From: Stephan Boianoff (sboianoff@mdc.com)
Date: Wed Apr 01 1998 - 17:27:49 EST

Very interesting. Keep me informed. One question, though. Am I to
understand that the kids sitting in back will be sitting on the enclosure?
No padding?

>>> Nicholas McKinney <nickmckinn@mindspring.com> 04/01/98
03:43pm >>>
At 09:15 AM 4/1/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Has anyone added a subwoofer enclosure under the rear bench in
their
>Club Cab (so that the seats are still fuctional)? I asked this a couple of
>weeks ago, but didn't get much of a response. I know JL Audio makes
>Stealth Box, but $575 is ridiculous for one 8" sub.

Warning! For serious music loving people only!

Lately I have been thinking about making an enclosure that would double
as
the rear seat. Take the bottom cushions out, make an enclosure 9" tall at
the front, 7~8" tall at the back, ~12" deep, 48" wide, and get an
upholstery shop to cover it with the same type material as original (CC
agate in my case) With this you could have (4) 8" sub drivers, a decent
seat for kids, and still move it enough to get to the jack in an emergency.
 The stock seats are about 3 3/4" thick.

Also I have just about sized the Vifa and Dynaudio drivers that fit in the
stock door and back locations. Vifa is used in $350+ component sets
(under
many different names with many companies), but any of us can buy the
same
setup (with better crossover parts) for about $200 if you know the part
numbers. Dynaudio is a few dollars more but well if you know Dynaudio,
you
would know why. You also don't have to buy their "car" series since
they
are the same parts as their regular series up to the sub size and
probably
cost a whole lot less.

Let me know what you think.

Nicholas