Re: dakota tire size

From: bert loy (Bert.W.Loy-1@ou.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 01 1998 - 19:44:24 EST

> Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 21:28:35 -0500
> From: Chris lang <langcj@polaris.clarkson.edu>
> Subject: DML: Re: Re: Dakota tire size.
>
> Do you have any pictures of it like that? Sounds like somthing I'd like to
> try, after the torsion bar tweak and blocks would bigger tires fit or was
> there still no clearence for them?

        I do have some pictures but I don't have a scanner. Unless I copy them
and send them to you. I'm pretty sure bigger tires would fit in the
rear but the front is the problem. You would have to get new rims if
you go larger then 31's. The only rubbage I got was when the front tire
went up quite aways and would scrape the black air dam under the front
bumper. I didn't have any problems when I turned. You could remove the
air dam but I don't know if bigger tires would fit without a larger
lift. Tweaking the torsion bars gives about an inch to 2 inches at the
most. The logical thing to do(for tires larger then 31's) would be to
buy a 4" lift from trailmaster or just by a 2" body lift.

    Bert Loy