Security (was Re: Got the Durango!)

From: Brett Stoner (Brett@abacusinfo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 09:32:20 EST

>>> Michael Clark <mike=40snakebite.com> 04/03 1:23 AM >>>
>Anyway, first question. Durango is around 80% Dakota so maybe someone
>can help with this. It has the security option, and the keyless entry
>thing. When you lock it with the remote the horn doesn=27t chirp. The
>manual says it can be programmed to do this so you can tell easily if it
>locked. It doesn=27t say how, just says that the dealer can program it =
>do this. Does anyone know what is involved in doing this? Is a special
>tool or interface needed to reprogram or is it some kind of proceedure
>you must follow? ie. key on off on off on... that type thing.

When I picked up my 97 Dakota with the security system I wanted them to =
turn off the horn chirp so I got to watch while they did it. One of the =
service guys came out with their little computer that hooks up under the =
dash. It took him all of about 2 minutes, but it looks like it requires =
that computer. I=27d probably just ask them to do it next time you=27re =
at the dealer.

HTH
  Brett