Re: Crappy 6 Bolt Lug Pattern....

From: DICEMAN469 (DICEMAN469@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 09:38:36 EST

      I had a smiliar problem looking for rims when it came time to dish out
the money. A couple of companies make rims for the dak, but most of them are
in limited sizes. I wanted 17's, which seemed to be all but impossible to
find. I thought about going the same route as you, but I figured the amount of
money I would dish out for drilling hubs or adding adapters (which will make
finding rims almost impossible cuz you'll have a chevy bolt pattern on a dak
backspace with an adapter which will make the backspace almost FWD), I could
just order custom made rims from a reputable company, for the same price. Try
Boyds, that's where I got mine. I'll warn you it takes about 4 weeks for them
to process the order and getthem out to you, but they're not too expensive for
billet. I think I paid about 1300 for 17x8 front and 17x9.5 for the rear.
Throw some good rubber on with a fatty swaybar and you got a truck that can
really handle!!
      I would try Boyds, Billet Specialties or Colorado Custom. They can all
make you custom billet rims. Of course I don't know if that's your style, but
it's a start!!

-Austin
95 V6 vipertruck