Re: 3.9L gas mileage sucks -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 08:47:30 EST

I have an 88 and my mileage sucks, too. I get around 20 on the highway
at around 70-75mph. I have an exhaust system and K&N, and plug wires.
All that stuff put together makes this extra mileage possible. Around
town, I get about 11, but that's because, where I am living in Winchester,
everything is either within 2 miles, or is 45 minutes to an hour away.
Guess you just can't win-
=)
-mike
88V6LE3.55

>>> Edgar Perez <edgarperez@yahoo.com> 04/02/98 08:39am >>>
I don't know what to tell you to try, but I have a similar truck. It
is a '95 SLT CC V6 4x4 Auto with 3.5 gears. When I drive all local
with traffic lights I get 14-16 mph. I drive all highway from NJ to
Richmond ~326 miles, I get 18 mpg driving 70 and 75. This week I got
19 but I think it was a fluke. I have no mods that might affect my
mileage except an Extang Saber Tonneau which really has had no effect
on my trips. I get 18 mpg with and without it.

Edgar