(no subject)

From: DICEMAN469 (DICEMAN469@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 18:15:01 EST

<<by rake do you mean caster setting? It is already over at about 4 1/2, and
think the recommended setting is 3 1/2. So that is on my list of
possibilities.
I also am suspecting the positive offset. The cost is too high and the time
too
consuming for me to experiment, so I am hoping to discover the solution
somehow.>>

      Yeah, I meant the caster. Most feathering occurs in corners so the rake
should compensate for that. I really doubt positive camber is what you're
looking for. That would cause the tires to wear progressively more as you got
to the outside of the tire, instead of just effecting the outside edge. My
stock tires did that, but not excessively. I attributed it to the face I like
to take corners, but it disappeared when i chucked the 215/75's and got real
meats. Now I got no problem.
      Maybe you should also try a beefier sway bar?? If your truck leans alot
in the corner it will place the outside of the tire on the pavement, having
the same effect. Combine that with high profile tires and you got a wear
problem. Let us know what happens!!

-Austin
95 V6