Re: (no subject)4x4 or not

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 06 1998 - 11:05:40 EDT

> I bought my first truck for many reasons, The main reason being safety.
> One month of driving this rush hour traffic in Atlanta told me my little
> Corolla GTS just wasn't going to cut it. Other reasons were style, interior,
> size, power, and road handling. The added cost, weight and maintenance of 4x4
> seems unnecessary for the daily commute to work. I have lived in PA, GA, and

First I must agree on the safety issue. Second I'll give that the initial
cost is greater, but as far as weight, what difference is 3 or 400 lbs on
a 3500 lb vehicle gonna make?, not much, and as far as maintenence there
really is know extra maintenece other than checking the fluid level in the
transfer case occasionally, I don't see where all this extra maintenece
cost evryone keeps mentioning is coming from, most of my friends don't
even check the fluid in the transfer case and have still never had an
problems with the 4X......

Bruce