Re: 97 Clubcab Bad module, stalling after upgrade -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 07 1998 - 18:43:42 EDT

Check this out. Has anyone had to replace the "pick-up plate" yet? Mine
went out here recently and it'll make the truck do some pretty wierd stuff.
My Dak was rollin' along at 55 (or at least that's how fast I was
SUPPOSED to be going) and it just cut off, like it ran out of fuel. Then,
within a minute it started itself right back up! No shit! Did all kinds of stuff
like stalling out at stop lights and not starting in the morning. I got the thing
replaced (about 140 if I remember correctly). All better.
-mike sykes
88V6LE3.55AUTO

At 04:17 PM 4/6/98 , you wrote:

>Lately, we have had a problem, with dying after ignition and it is worse
when it
>get up to proper temperature. It eventually doesn't start at all, even
when cold
>after a few days. It tries to recover at first few tries, then will stall
>whenever I'm idling at a stop sign or light.
>
>We were informed by the dealer that an upgrade was the answer, we
had that
done,
>a flash ROM upgrade 3 weeks ago. It started doin it again this weekend,
dealer
>said now we have a bad module, what ever that is!
>
> Anyone else have this ? or heard of it?

Something similar happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I was sitting at
red light when the engine just kinda shuddered and died like it had run out
of fuel (I still had a quarter of a tank left). I turned the key and it
started right back up, then when I got home I ran the diagnostic test and
got no fault codes. It hasn't done that since that one time <crossing
fingers, knocking on wood> but just in case, keep us informed about
what
you find out and what the dealer did.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net