Re: American Racing Wheels for Daks -Reply -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 07 1998 - 18:51:59 EDT

I dunno'. AR never has the size I am looking for or the wheels I want to fit
my truck. That's why I would go with Budnik or Boyds. Your right about
company size, Boyds just filed for chapter 11! They still have nice rims
though. =) Maybe we can get a little something out of thier misfortune.
-mike sykes

>>> Nicholas McKinney <nickmckinn@mindspring.com> 04/07/98
03:55pm >>>
I would think that American Racing might possibly be larger than Budnik
and
Boyds combined. I would not be suprised if they make the rims that
come
stock on the Dak since they make so many for the oem market.

Nicholas

At 09:27 AM 4/6/98 -0400, you wrote:
>That's why American Racing isn't a big company like Budnick or Boyds,
>because they overlook important things like offset, backspacing, and
>style (sorry boys, just had to throw that one in there).
>
>-mike
>88V6LE3.55
>I looked at this web page. The different wheels advertized as "fitting"
>a Dakota have backspacings varying from 3 3/4" to 5 7/16" and they
>make
>no distinction between pre '97 (5" backspace stockt) and post '96
models
>(5.5" backspacing stock). I'm really amazed they are selling people
>wheels with 1 3/4" less backspace than stock without any warnings.
>
>--
>Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
>Hewlett Packard (707) 794-3038 fax (707) 538-3693 home
>1212 Valley House Drive Kawi KDX200, Yamaha XT350 YZF600R
>Seca 750
>Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 '95 Dakota SLT Club Cab V8 5-Speed
>2WD

           Nicholas McKinney
Applied Industrial Technology, Inc.
             www.usaait.com