Re: WRECK(???) -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 10 1998 - 10:42:39 EDT

Well, I read a write up with the Dak vs. the Ram, and the dak left it's big
brother with it's tail between it's legs, and the Ram does the same to it's
compitition, so if we put 2 and 2 together, we get Dodge!
-mike sykes

>>> Bruce Aaron Hefner <gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu> 04/09/98
12:34pm >>>

> > It seems to me like it was a little unfair to include the Dakota in this
> > test. The other pickups tested were smaller and (presumably) lighter.
>
> Funny how we Dakota owners never seem to complain when our
trucks are lumped
> in (by Chrysler) with the compacts to compare engine, load and tow
capacity,
> and power statistics. Those "hightest <rating> in class" commercials
always
> crack me up. Yeah, compared to the Mitsubishi Mighty Max (the old
D-50). ;)

> The ratings game is always a two-edged sword.
>
> The only truck that is anywhere close to the mid-size Dakota is
Toyota's
> T-100, and they always want to lump that in with the full-sizes. Makes
no
> sense to me, especially when it carries the same engine options as
their
> compact Tacoma. (Have they released a truck version of their V8
yet?)

I thought I heard somewhere they were introducing a V8 in the T-100 in
'99, of course I could be wrong (Wouldn't be the first time)...

Bruce