RE: Japanese Crap

From: Rhyner, Mark (RhynerM@EMH1.HQISEC.ARMY.MIL)
Date: Thu Apr 09 1998 - 14:35:08 EDT

Nicholas,

If that is all you got out of that class, I truly am sorry for you.

I was in engineering but took a lot of "liberal" arts class --- classes
ending in ology and such.

Always keep in mind that the prof _always_ has his/her own
viewpoint/agenda and the texts were also written from a certain
perspective. It's not surprising that academia with a huge slant toward
the left portrays just about everything "capitalistic, imperialistic"
America does/did in a less than favorable light.

What students should come away with from college is a "critical
thinking" ability. Something that is woefully lacking, even in
graduates of the most esteemed centers of learning in this country.

I am all for using analogies where they are appropriate. The key word
is appropriate. That's where critical thinking comes into play.

No, that's not the difference between the US and Japan. Failing marks
here. <g>

Steppin' down from soapbox

Let's see...some relevant content...

Is it time to get my tranny serviced if it starts making a pump
"whirring" noise when I put it in reverse? Stops making noise after
moving 10-20 feet. <grin>

Mark Rhyner
Card carrying Democrat---of the Ronald Reagan kind <g>