tire change

From: ROADRUNNER (fsjz@aurora.alaska.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 09 1998 - 02:47:02 EDT

I changed from 215/75R15 wheels to 235/75R15 wheels, keeping the 15x6
steel rims that came with my stock 97 dak. I know the tire change affects
the speedo readings, and I did not feel I needed to bring it to
Dodge for adjustment because the difference is only a few miles per hour.
Gas mileage is a little lower as well, but I thought I heard that changing
tire diameter might have additional affects. (Such as affecting ABS
braking.) Is this true? What other systems will a larger tire cause?

          Johnny Zutz
          University of Alaska Fairbanks
          Email: fsjz@aurora.alaska.edu
          Phone: (907)474-6666 Ext 3633