Re: Radar Scramblers

From: Nicholas McKinney (nickmckinn@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Apr 08 1998 - 21:29:22 EDT

My first real job in life was the maintainance of the electronic
countermeasures system on the EA6B aircraft which was one large radar
scrambler/modifier device.

For a street radar scrambler to work it must output quite a bit of high
frequency energy, think of a microwave oven next to you running most of the
time with the door open. You would want the antenna/oscillator outside of
the vehicle's sheetmetal at a minimum.

The police officer would know right away that something was up since you
could probably not match his own specific modulation (unless of course you
have the budget of the government), a call on the radio to someone ahead
and you would probably be asking for a lawyer rather quickly. I would not
reccomend using one.

I must say that a good detector can be a very good tool, that is it is the
detector operator that determines if you get caught or not. Being the only
one on the road makes any detector useless, it is only the detection of the
radar on other vehicles ahead of you that can help you.

Nicholas