Re: MP Magnum Cam ?

From: DAVID D. THEDE (tnadoman@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Apr 11 1998 - 07:51:36 EDT

You wrote:

>Has anyone on the list installed the R/T cam package in their '97 as
yet?

>I am about to order the kit and was just wondering if anyone has
already
>installed it and if they had any input. I don't have the headers yet,
but a
>friend that has an exhaust bender has agreed to help me put together a
>better flowing Y-pipe. I figure with his bender and my mig-welder, we
>should be able to come-up with something to fit this 4x4.
>
>Should I wait for the SBEC ('97) before I install the cam?

I too am looking into getting the R/T cam package and headers put on my
'97 4x4 V8. I have to search for a dealer (i'm moving to
Kansas...Goodland Kansas, monday morning). I plan to do it within the
next year. I was planning on waiting for the chip, then have everything
done at once.

By the way, are there any dak owners in western or central kansas,
southwest nebraska, or eastern colorado. I visit family in Denver quite
a bit, and wouldn't mind hooking up with some owners on the list out
their.

I'll be towing a u-haul autotransporter with my '83 toyota on it 1500
miles. I'll keep track of mileage and let you know how it does.

Dave Thede
'97 Dakota Sport CC V8/5-spd 4x4
K&N FIPK clone
Gibson dual cat-back