Re: 4" drop '96 ext sport

From: Jim Hagstrom (man-of-attack@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Apr 12 1998 - 21:24:29 EDT

Thanks to all that replied to my original post. So far I'm only conflicted!

If I go and piece everything in the posts together I would believe that a 4" drop
all the way around would work fine.

If I'm correct, dropping 4" will not bottom out or the tires won't rub if I use
shocks, coils, spindles, hangers and leaf springs (which is my intention).

Could this be true? It appears to me that if I drop 4" the wheel well opening
will be .5" off the stock tires, will it make it inside on a bump?

If the tires will rub how can I fix that problem?

Ken (nice truck!), with your tire setup does this make your tires higher, lower
(measure from top of tire to pavement) , or the same as stock?

--
LSBH!!!!

Jim

http://home.att.net/~man-of-attack