Rhino Liner

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Apr 15 1998 - 13:46:39 EDT

Well, Uncle Sam finally cut loose with our tax refund and what my wife
didn't confiscate for "household expenses" (unimportant stuff like paying
bills and a new wardrobe for her) I got to use for a bedliner. The first
thing I noticed was how much quieter the truck was. No more clanks, clunks
or rattles coming from the back of the truck anymore. Even unusually rough
areas like railroad tracks produce a very solid sound from the whole truck.
It also feels more solid. Also, nothing is going to slide around back there
anymore. Although it doesn't feel like it when you touch it with your hand,
when you put something on the liner it sticks to it. Now I can corner how
ever fast I want to and not worry about stuff sliding around. The guy told
me that it added 60 pounds of weight to the bed. That shouldn't be enough
to affect mpg too much, but it does seem to improve traction somewhat
(every little bit helps). Anyway, my initial impression is very positive
and if anyone is considering a Rhino Liner, I say go for it. It also,
IMHO, looks good.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed