Re: Getting shocked by my truck

From: John C. Worden (scirocco@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu Apr 16 1998 - 13:46:00 EDT

At 10:36 AM 4/15/98 -0400, Brett Stoner wrote:
>All (or almost all) newer cars have this problem. Apparently it's related
to the newer low rolling resistance tires they're using. Because of the
way the tires are made, they don't dissipate static to the ground as well
as the older ones. Apparently the only solutions are static straps or
holding on to the door as you get out, like you mentioned.

>HTH
> Brett

Well I'm going to try that static guard and if that doesn't work the static
straps. I'll keep you posted as to what works. This thing is really
annoying me. My previous Dodge, a Ramcharger (w/ cloth) didn't have this
problem and all the VWs I've had never had it either(cloth seats too). My
girlfriend and her dad say it's a CC thing. I guess they're right- it's
all they've ever driven.

John '98 Dak cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue, Leer Classic tonneau,
               Pioneer DEH-P85DHR, ventshades
          '84 Scirocco