Re: DML:Kenne Bell Blowers for '97- '98 Daks

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 16 1998 - 17:57:28 EDT

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Lance Martz wrote:
[...]
> My Dakota is at Kenne Bell at this very moment having their first blower
> computer installed on a 318. The blower has been on my truck for
> approximately 3 weeks, and I've been driving like Granny to keep from
> detonating. (Still detonated anyhow a few times). As soon as they are
> done installing, testing and tuning the kit, the whole system will be
> available to the public. In the mean time, I'm going through withdrawals
> driving their loaner truck. It's an old a$$ Chevy long bed std. cab.
> (the really old ones, like late 70s style) Can't wait to get my Kota
> back. I hate this damn thing. They're dyno testing my truck for their
> records, advertising and sales use. Anything they get from their tests
> is what my truck is putting out to the rear wheels on their DynoJet
> dynamometer. I'm holding my breath waiting. Supposed to pick up the
> truck on Friday morning. That would be manana...

   Hmmm... I hope that they're not going to base all of their
sales literature on just your truck. Besides the fact that all
trucks are different, and one truck is not a statisticly valid data
sample, you've done a heck of a lot more to your truck than
most people. I highly suspect the power increase of the blower will
be different than someone who's just done the standard K&N, exhaust,
etc. mods. (or a stock truck). Could be higher, could be lower,
but it probably will be different...
   Sorry to hear about the Chebby. :-)

> I'll let the DML know what performance gains there were as we dyno'ed
> the truck just before we put the blower on to begin with. As well, I've
> dyno'ed the truck at virtually every step along the way, so I know what
> mods produce how much power for any given step.

   Hmmm... If you get around to it sometime, I'd be very interested
in seeing that HP/mod breakdown. :-)

   Good luck with the blower!

                                              -Jon-

  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (15.34@89.10), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |