Re: Exterior cab light ?

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 16 1998 - 17:40:26 EDT

> Hey folks;
>
> Just remembered something that has bothered me for some time. What the hell
> was CC thinking when they designed the exterior cab light to turn on after
> the interior lights?
>
> Obviously when the interior lights are on you can't see a damn thing out the
> back window, when you turn on the exterior cab light to see if your trailer
> or whatever is still hooked on in the dark. I also have a carrier assembly
> that I built for in the box receiver and at nite it would be nice to turn on
> the ext. cab light to take a peek in the mirror, but with the int. lights
> on, it is futile.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> I do realize that CC themselves probably did not design the light switch,
> but FERD and CHEBBY don't do this.
>
> L. John
> '97 SLT+

Actually Ferds do, when you open the door on a newer ford ('96 anyway)the
interior and cargo lights come on, the same when you turn the switch,
don't know about the Chebbys....BTW why did CC change from their old
design of having a seperate switch for the cargo light in the dash, most
of the '80's Dodge trucks I've seen were setup that way, wonder what made
them change it?...

Bruce