RE: Dealer installed Overhead Console

From: Ayotte, Glen (ayotteg@espn.com)
Date: Fri Apr 17 1998 - 21:25:40 EDT

When I was looking for my DAK, a couple of dealers said that they could
add an overhead console. Most dealers told me that if I wanted it,
order it. They didn't seem to interested in installing one. I think
for the right amount of money you can probably get one installed. I
would wonder were you would get power, maybe from the courtesy light. A
thousand dollars sounds like a lot of money. I don't know if a compass,
thermometer, sunglass holder, garage door remote holder, auto dim rear
view mirror, map lights, and a mileage computer are worth $1000.00. I
got them in my truck, which I ordered. They are nice items to have, but
to be honest, if I had found the truck I wanted with out the overhead
console, I would have bought it. Well good luck, and keep us posted. I
am sure that there are some more people out there that would be
interested.

Glenn Ayotte