Re: Re: Wheels, Wheels, Wheels, Tires.....

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Fri Apr 17 1998 - 21:27:22 EDT

 From:Tim >starwolf@bewellnet.com

>To:Jon

> This is a yes and no type answer, in that if you keep the 15" tires and
size the truck will spin the rubber with the proper gearing until you have
to get new tires. Now if you in turn get bigger meats put on, it requires a
bit more power to do the same tire spin, because now you have more rubber in
contact with the road. This is in relation when all us gearheads want better
handling and good launch off the line, we get bigger meats, but in turn we
lose a bit of power to the drive wheels when the engine has to turn over a
bigger(wider) tire. The engine itself doesn't lose power as to output, it
just uses more power to do the same amount of work. This is where gearing
changes brings back that lost amount of power of putting bigger wheels and
tires on the DAK's