Re: R/T Wheel Specs Response

From: catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Sun Apr 19 1998 - 14:12:12 EDT

Russ Wrote:
> Forgot to mention yesterday, the brochure says "8.25" axle", but the
> tag on the rear axle shows 9.25", which agrees with the tag in the
> glove-box. The axle cover looks like the old Dana 60 and has 12 bolts.
> If I remember, the Dana 60 was 9.75", so what is this rear - is it
> different from the other Daks? Do all others have the 8.25"?
>
> Later,
>
> Russ Selkirk

Russ,
     I went and got a print out from my dealer listing all the options.
Ask the dealer to give you one it's pretty cool. Tell him you want a
"Vehicle Information Plus" print out. It will be function 69 on his
Chrysler computer until April 21st then it will be "Option 14 off the
Dial 2000 PC Menu" after that. Any way my printout for the R/T
said the rear is Chrysler 9.25. The drive shaft is also Huge. We
compared it to the drive shaft for the Club Cab 5.2. The 5.2 had a
2 piece drive shaft while the R/T has a one piece that's looks about
twice as big.

Mike Catlin