Re: Air Filter Box

From: catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Sun Apr 19 1998 - 14:25:25 EDT

 Dave Brown Wrote:

> Who knows the best way to free up the incoming airflow of the new 97
> Dakotas, i am having my throttle body modified and i wondered what was
> recomended for the air filter and box? I am thinking of scraping the
filter
> box and going with a K&N cone fileter put next to the radiator.

Dave,
    I installed a K&N air filter from Mopar performance this week end
part #P5249605 it drops right into the standard air box. I been using
the G-Tec Accelerometer to measure horse power on the R/T ClubCab.
The horse power measurement increased by 10 horse power after we
installed the K&N air filter. This week I'm going to try and hook up
a fresh air intake to the factory air box. I'll be cutting a hole in the
rubber splash guard on the left side of the radiator if your standing in
front of the truck. I'm going to try to pipe that right into the factory
box where the air intake pipe is now. Has anyone on the list tried
this? If so did it work?

Mike Catlin