Radiator Problems

From: Dahrl Clark (dclark@nb.net)
Date: Sun Apr 19 1998 - 18:13:35 EDT

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01BD6BBE.DE427EE0

Just thought I'd let everyone now about a potential problem they may =
have with there Dakotas once they get some miles on them. The radiators =
that Dodge use on Daks are of the high efficiency type meaning they have =
a lot of fins per inch in them. This works great when your Dak is new =
but after a few years of driving the radiator will begin to plug up with =
dirt and bugs causing the truck to run hotter, especially on hills, and =
will eventually blow out the top tank on the radiator. This seems to be =
a pretty big problem, because I've repaired or replaced a awful lot of =
them of late. The fix is to remove the rad. and blow through it from the =
fan side with air or better yet a pressure washer at the car wash. Just =
be careful not to get to close as it will damage the fins. Hope this =
saves some of you any trouble! P.S. I =
will soon be puttin a new motor in my 88 drag Dak. and hope to run some =
LOW 10's at 130mph or so!! YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAW! I'll keep everybody =
posted!
Dahrl Clark
Clarks Radiator Service
dclark@nb.net

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01BD6BBE.DE427EE0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Just thought I'd let everyone now =
about a=20
potential problem they may have with there Dakotas once they get some =
miles on=20
them. The radiators that Dodge use on Daks are of the high efficiency =
type=20
meaning they have a lot of fins per inch in them. This works great when =
your Dak=20
is new but after a few years of driving the radiator will begin to plug =
up with=20
dirt and bugs causing the truck to run hotter, especially on hills, and =
will=20
eventually blow out the top tank on the radiator. This seems to be a =
pretty big=20
problem, because I've repaired or replaced a awful lot of them of late. =
The fix=20
is to remove the rad. and blow through it from the fan side with air or =
better=20
yet a pressure washer at the car wash. Just be careful not to get =
to close=20
as it will damage the fins. Hope this saves some of you any=20
trouble! &nbsp=
; =
             =

P.S. I will soon be puttin a new motor in my 88 drag Dak. and hope to =
run some=20
LOW 10's at 130mph or so!! YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAW! I'll keep =
everybody=20
posted!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Dahrl ClarkClarks Radiator =
Service<A=20
href=3D"mailto:dclark@nb.net">dclark@nb.net</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML=

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01BD6BBE.DE427EE0--