4 whl ABS help

From: GREGG SPURGEON (SPURG69@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Apr 21 1998 - 21:44:07 EDT

I took my 95 Dodge Dakota in today because of a problem with my brakes (4
whl ABS) and they told me that there was contamination in the brake fluid.

First they asked me if I took it to an express lube place, they figured
somebody put some sort of oil in the brake fluid.

I told them that I do all of my own oil changes and this is the first time
it’s ever been in the shop.

The truck only has 30K miles on it and most of those are highway miles. I’ve
never even had to top off the fluid.

Does anyone have the FSM for this year? Can you check and see if there is a
piston in the ABS module that contains hydraulic fluid.
This is the only thing I can think of that could have contaminated the brake
fluid.

The dealership has a call into the regional rep. They said Chrysler may not
cover the repairs, “an all new brake system”.

I just want to be prepared tomorrow, in case I have to get ugly.

Thanks,

Gregg