Re: Re: Swappin' Throttle Bodies

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Wed Apr 29 1998 - 01:04:42 EDT

 From:Tim Roller >starwolf@bewellnet.com

>By keeping the V-6 stock injectors you'll not give the engine an overly
shot of fuel. This would be the same as over-carburating in the older
vehicles. That's whats nice about a computered vehicle. It will sense an
abundance of AIR coming into the intake and automatically enrichen(hold the
injectors open an extra micro-second or longer) the mixture will be the same
as swapping to a larger carburator and you will(should) pass all the
sniffers. You may have to enlarge the V-6 hole openings for the butterflies
though.If after you do a sniffer test and pass with excellence then I would
experiment with injectors, but watch out--they're expensive. Hope this
helps.