(no subject)

From: (no email)
Date: Sun May 03 1998 - 12:26:10 EDT

> From: RAS*002@worldnet.att.net
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Cc: scosol@usa.net
> Subject: RE: DML: R/T
> Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 22:03:19 GMT

> >Dakota brothers-
> >
> >Just joined the list, and I don't own a Dakota yet.
> >I have long been a Mopar man, and have long wanted to put a 360 in a
> >Dakota.
> >Now Dodge has done it for me.
> >
> >I have decided to buy an R/T but I have found very little information
> >about it.
> >My usual source: http://www.edmunds.com has very little to say.
> >No option code for it, no price.
> >Can someone point me to some info?
> >
> >Or just answer these:?
> >
> >How much $?
> >What exactly does the R/T package come with?
> >A MT is available with it right?
> >I hope A/C is an option?
> >
> >Thanks-
> >Scott
>
> What you want is the "Kelly Blue Book" site: www.kbb.com Look under
> "New (98)" | "Dodge" | "Dakota". It's a little misleading because you
> must opt for the baseline 4 banger truck to start with - then add the
> options you want. NO manual trans, YES A/C. These are NOT easy to
> find, there are only 2000 being built.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Russ Selkirk

Just got an R/T friday. It stickered for 24035. I paid 500
over invoice which was 21700 I think. But then all the rebates kicked
in. I got 400 back for recent college grad, 500 back for owning a
Chrysler, and another 400 back from farm bureau insurance. If you are
buying a Dak, go to your Farmers bureau insurance office and tell them
you would like to be a member. It costs $27, but you will get $400
back on a Dodge truck. I ended up paying 20900+ 5% tax+$50 Doc+$200
license (don't have the sheet in front of me with the total). I called
Thomas Dodge in Highland IN (nearChicago) and asked them if they had
any R/T CC's He said they had two, a red and a blue one. I had a
deposit on one at Southlake Dodge in Merrilville IN, but the truck
hasn't been built yet. I wanted an Amethyst one to match my wifes car,
but they were going to sell it to me for like 800 under sticker. I
stopped in Thomas Dodge,and drove the Blue one. I loved it. It has the
same options as the one yet to bebuilt for Southlake (HD service,
CD/Cassette Keyless entry, Power convenience & mirrors, floormats, and
sliding rear window. My R/T is Intense Blue. Crawling under the truck
reveals an identical 17" wheel/spare, 9.25" ring gear differential,
and a huge 6061-T6 aluminum driveshaft! The key I think to getting it
for near invoice m(before rebates) was telling them I had the money
ready, and I knew what I could pay for an otherwise identicaly
optioned one in the color I wanted. I didn't reveal the price I had,
and they asked me several times what I wanted to pay. I said I would
drive off with it today if they gave me a good price. The "manager"
came back with the 500 over invoice, and I said deal! All R/T's come
with A/C, AT, tilt cruise, 17" wheels and tires (5!!), 5.9 V8,
lowered HD suspension, and 3.92 SureGrip.

|{eith R. Phelps

Cat..... the other white meat.