Body damage from rear-ending??

From: patel@seanet.com
Date: Mon May 04 1998 - 22:03:30 EDT

The title says it all. I was sitting at a stop light, eating a banana, when a Nissan Sentra
bumped into me at about 5 mph.

The damage did not appear to be too bad at first. The bumped was pushed in about
1", and the hitch receiver was a little scuffed. The person who did the bashin' was
very nice about things, and insured.

When I was on my way to the body shop, I noticed that the truck bed seemed to
have been shifted about 1/8" to the left-the sides are no longer in the same plane as
the cab.

The body shop is going to check the frame tomorrow, but I am curious as to whether
any of y'all have heard of a frame being damaged from such a low speed impact by
such a small car. Initially, this did not seem possible, but after considering the fact that
she nailed the hitch receiver, I am beginning to worry...

Thanks,

Shamish