Re: Body damage from rear-ending??

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Mon May 04 1998 - 23:35:00 EDT

Wer better watch what we say here.....If the insurance companies are
listening, we could end up paying more if we have a hitch receiver on our
trucks..>!!!
At 10:03 PM 5/4/98 EDT, you wrote:
>The title says it all. I was sitting at a stop light, eating a banana,
when a Nissan Sentra
>bumped into me at about 5 mph.
>
>The damage did not appear to be too bad at first. The bumped was pushed in
about
>1", and the hitch receiver was a little scuffed. The person who did the
bashin' was
>very nice about things, and insured.
>
>When I was on my way to the body shop, I noticed that the truck bed seemed to
>have been shifted about 1/8" to the left-the sides are no longer in the
same plane as
>the cab.
>
>The body shop is going to check the frame tomorrow, but I am curious as to
whether
>any of y'all have heard of a frame being damaged from such a low speed
impact by
>such a small car. Initially, this did not seem possible, but after
considering the fact that
>she nailed the hitch receiver, I am beginning to worry...
>
>Thanks,
>
>Shamish

"M ove O ver, P ickup A pproacing R apidly!"
1992 Dakota 4x4, Standard cab, short bed, 5.2 L V8, K&N, Gibson/Dynomax
exhaust,Power Puleys, MP SBEC, 180 degree thermostat, Bushwhackers,
tire/wheel package, Lund Moonvisor & Interceptor, Custom Cover tonneau,
Bundy rear bumper, chrome grillguard/pushbar

see http://www.usaor.net/users/zavetsky for pictures!

MOPAR or NOCAR!