RE: Keyless entry chirp

From: Buelterman, Chris (Chris_Buelterman@mail.msj.edu)
Date: Tue May 05 1998 - 11:26:28 EDT

I took my 98 4x4 Dak Sport CC 5.2 V8 automatic to the dealer just after =
purchased it back in January to have the rolling power door locks and =
the
keyless entry chirp activated. They were able to activate the rolling =
power
door locks but not the horn chirp because they said that Dodge had =
changed
the PCM programming and it didn't support the horn chip anymore. I was =
at
the dealer for a total of 10 minutes for the whole thing. You =
shouldn't
have to leave your truck all day for something this simple. I'm sort =
of
glad that I couldn't have the horn chip because my dad just bought a =
Durango
that has the horn chirp when you use the keyless entry to lock the =
doors
(and arm the security system) and it's very annoying and loud. I found =
it
easiest to just hit the power door locks as I get out of my truck =
rather
that using the keyless entry to lock the doors.

--Chris Buelterman