Re: RE: Tailgate Theft -Reply

From: Steve (Slow@Primenet.com)
Date: Tue May 05 1998 - 12:10:27 EDT

On Tue, 05 May 1998 18:17:13 -0400, you wrote:

>The easy way to secure the tailgate is put a hose clamp on the pivot =
that
>lifts off. This changes the job to a 5 minute, 1 tool job. It is a =
good
>deterent. It beats a 5 second no tool job. I think I got this tip from
>Sport Truck Magazine.=20

Think we went through this a while back. McGaurd sells a bolt that
replaces one bolt on your hinge. It has their famous "puzzle lock"
with a rotating collar to prevent removal by vise grips. This is the
same company that sells the nifty spare tire lock and wheel locks...

        Steve, 29
Apache Junction, Arizona

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....