Re: Magnums no more

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri May 08 1998 - 09:53:48 EDT

david zavetsky wrote:

> the Magnum is dead as of the end of 1998.

> Apparantly, there is a new line of V8s/6s coming called "Power Tech"
> .....The one will be a 4.7 L V8 making 275 HP......HMMM.

  Sounds like Chrysler will unveil their version of the OHC modular
engine package. Let's hope that they do a better job than Ford did
when they replaced the venerable old Windsor program with their
"almost impossible to modify but a lot cheaper to manufacture" modulars.

  I predict that the supercharger market for Chrysler V8s will shoot
through the roof if/when people realize that the modular engines don't
have a lot of enhancement margin to play with.

> This is great and all, but I hope this doesnty mean that the Magnum will
> become an "unnsupported format" so to speak.....

  Me too. There seems to be a pretty big installed base of Magnum engines
out there; let's hope the parts manufacturers are still attracted to us...

  Ron