RE: DML Digest V3 #773

From: Dan Attaway (ziadram@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun May 10 1998 - 13:32:38 EDT

Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 11:09:37 -0500
From: jim miller <jmiller@eramp.net>
Subject: Re: DML: K&N FIPK

Has anyone bought the Mopar 14" air cleaner to use with the K&N
filter. It is in the Mopar performance catalog and the picture looks
great. Would look good with the Mopar aluminum valve covers with the
black and aluminum finish.
Jim Miller
Waco, Tx.
Waiting (but mine is suppose to ship 5/6.)

> But I would recommend you check out Sean Meldrum's page:
> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/frame2.html
> When/if you do install this, make sure the carriage bolt is not
> too long BEFORE you shut the hood.

Hi,

I have been reading this group for a couple of weeks, I have a 97 Dak CC 3.9
v6 automatic.
I drove a v6 s-10 for 7 years and I know you folks don't want to believe
this but it was quicker with 190k miles on it than my Dak with 10k. I blew
$400 on the Jacobs omni team with very litte improvement. I had decided
that I would trade my truck in on a v8 a little later this year, BUT
yesterday I spent $25 dollars on an Edlebrock air filter. I put it on in
the Autozone Parking lot.
The one I got was the 10" with the tube for the breather. The bolt wasn't
long enough to reach. however by turning the top over it works perfect, and
if I have to take it back to the dealer it will take 5 minutes to put it
back stock.

The results were unbelievable! My truck now runs great, noticeably - more
power and better shifting.
Thanks Sean!