Mileage....(What should I do)

From: Ayotte, Glen (ayotteg@espn.com)
Date: Sun May 10 1998 - 19:03:03 EDT

Other than engine mods, what should I do. Is this something that maybe
controlled by the computer? Maybe it needs to be reset (the answer to
most computer problems, PC's that is). Does this make sense. One of
the guys that I know has a 97 w/3.9L. He said that he was getting
really horrible mileage. His old Kota had much better mileage, than the
new and improved Kota. His old truck had 130,000 on it when he sold it
to his son. If I bring it back to the dealer what do I tell them? Do
you guys really think that it will get better? I am not even getting
close to what the sticker says. I understand that I only have a couple
of thousand miles on it, but how long will it take to get better. A guy
I know got a DAK almost identical to mine, he's getting 13 MPG on the
highway, towing a trailer. I'm lucky to get his without a trailer......

Thanks for all the help that everyone has given me on this.

Glenn Ayotte

Still driving from gas station to gas station...........